Project Selection - Magazine
Based on my experience with print journalism, the project magazine might be a good selection for me. My father writes for the newspaper, and all of his ways of how he would get the information would amaze me. I loved how he could write a beautiful piece in the paper that was organized when he had all kinds of information gathered. It made me want to write and to become a better writer. On my free time, I like to write short stories making people have all kinds of different adventures. For me writing is a way of coping and escaping from my realities. When I write, I get to be the hero and the decider of my characters fate. It makes me feel powerful. I get to make people smile and learn new things same as my dad. In class, when we watched All the President's Men it further grew my inspiration. It taught me that in order to help people and make their lives better, you have to take risks. The news reporters in the movie took risks in order to make peoples' lives better. The movie also taught me that it is okay to make mistakes. I've always been afraid to make mistakes but now I know that making them builds me into a stronger person. I believe that if I chose this project that I would be able to do it and do it well. I like to think of myself as a pretty strong writer. I am able to get the point across. I am passionate about my writing. I take my writing seriously and I want my writing to be accurate. The project may prove to be a challenge because I tend to overwrite. All through out elementary and middle school, with every timed writing assignment, I would never finish because I was still writing. I always have to stop and think about what I am going to write next and how I am going to say it.
Comments
Post a Comment