CCR 1 - Use of Conventions

One of my use of conventions was the color I chose to use. I chose to use the colors, red, yellow, grey, white and black. I think that these colors give off a kind of crime like feeling. On the cover my photo is a scientist who is in a dumpster who has died somehow. The colors going along with the cover photo really help to convey the question, what happened to the scientist. This was the feeling I wanted to create. Another convention I used was the location for the photo shoot. I chose an area that was secluded and gave off eerie vibes. So with this being said, I chose an alley way. A lot of crime that happens in movies take place in alley ways so I was hoping that when people saw where it was that they would think mystery. The final photo for the cover photo was the scientist in a dumpster (literally - I had a very cooperative model) and they acted as though they died somehow but will you know? - How about picking up the magazine to find out. Another convention I used was font size. For the cover photo I had the font big and bold in red right over the face of the model. Making the font bold really makes it pop and intrigues audiences. The font stands out and when compared next to some other magazines with all of the conventions put together, it will definitely look original and not all colorful with the black and white cover photo but the red and other colors to make it stand out.

Comments

Popular Posts